This was my process for making my own ink washes; I used 4 or 6 small mixing cups, and picked 2 or 3 colors,
I started with about 50/50 water/pledge and a second cup water/matte with a few drops of ink,
I set up a ton of zombie minis. As I mixed I’d test on a mini, add more ink, more matte/polish test again.
Very unscientific but by the end I had a ton of finished minis and a few pots of ink washes I was happy with!
thanks for reading!
I wanted some signs and banners for the #stripmall #model so I chopped up some junk mail and made some #collage.
Think these will bring in some bright colors and liven it up a lot. It’s definitely odd working at this size but fun and I could chop with abandon since its was trash anyway, no need to be precious #trashbash #terrain
Someone called Vince Michael at the Inq group on facebook has been doing excellent terrain and a feature thats popped up for me a few times now has been the little prayer flags, so I thought I’d add a few here as well, its a nice way to bring in a bit of color and texture.
I attached a fan mesh to the roof and bent it up, added the #collages inside the exterior window displays and chopped up some clear blister pack plastic to make smashed windows.
I’m adding a mixture of sand, cement, and plaster chips for the ground texture and to blend things together. #wasteland #terrain #miniature
Fired up the #airbrush a bit, starting to build up base colors on the #strip mall and objectives, I wish I’d learned the silly putty masking trick earlier could have saved so many rolls of tape #model #terrain #painting
I spent some time this weekend #painting up all of my #zombicide models. I just did zenithal highlights and some experimental home made ink washes. I made 8 different colors using dr Martin’s inks with matte medium and floor polish. They could still use a couple rounds of details but I’m happy with this as a tabletop standard #miniature
Did a bIt of experimentation making my own ink washes. Planning to see if I can do these #zombies entirely with home made washes #painting #zombicide #miniatures
I’m learning it reeeeeallly depends on the ink. The black ink I was using only took about four drops to get something decent for a weak wash in a small jar with 50% water and 50% floor polish, however the sepia burnt sienna and terracotta inks took about half the vial to get a wash not quite as potent.
How does this happen ‘Just a little paint,’ I told myself, to make it look like ground. Some how several days of adding various types of sand and gravel, powdered pigments and glue were to follow. #terrain #painting #art #miniature