This week I’m sending off one of my ball joint dolls, the Robot gynoid, the fifth of the series.
Its always sad to see them go, but I’m glad she found a good home, and I will be casting a new round of dolls very soon.
This was available through the Zerofriends store, where more will be posted early next month. See more photos in the full gallery; here;
You can see my work in progress ball joint dolls in the flickr Gallery gallery here;
I’ve been continuing some of the experimenting with iClone for my digital stuntmen, and
First I wanted to see if I could match light and camera the model into the shot, and try a little bit of animation;
Then I tried moving the armor parts away from the iAvatar to try and make the “explosion” feel a bit bigger.
I’ve even gotten a bit of modeling assistance from my friend and ex-coworker James Sathre, here I’ve begun swapping in modeled parts for my own kit-bashed ones;
I’ve been attempting using IClone for all my digital characters, including doubles for actors. I’ve been calling these “Digital Stuntmen”. This is a continuation of the project I started here; iClone; Brad Isdrab, digital stuntman (part 1)
This is testing new Gynoid texture maps with some quick bump maps and using Image Based Lighting. I’m seeing a lot more realism in the surface textures coming through from the bump maps and I think they will bridge the gap created by the low-res IClone models. I’ve been geeking out on tweaking the Reflection, Refraction, the amount of IBL influence, the Ambient Occlusion…
approx 3hrs work, lighting/texturing.
The next steps will be further cleaning the texture map, refining the bumpmap, and looking for other ways to improve it.
Since I had it all set I wanted to see it in motion, so here it is with very little anim, watch in Hi-Res…
The anim is *very* wonky, but my main concern was just to see her in the scene. It isn’t quite photorealistic, yet, but its come a long way since my first Image-based Lighting test with just the mapped texture on the model.