I was hired by a natural history museum to replicate a sculpture they had which was made by a paleontoligist in the 60s of an aquatic herbavore he had discovered the fossils of in digging for the stanford linnear accelerator.
Since the sculpture itself was an artifact we didn’t want to risk damage to it by making a direct mold, so i planned to make a 3d model and print a prototype from it. That way i could mold off of it. After laser scanning turned out to be out of budget I decided to try photogrammetry.
i used a combination of Reality capture, agisoft, and recap, and created models from every angle then combined them to form one model.
Leave a Reply